Passenger In The Driver's Seat

Welcome to the ride of my life, as passengers in this vehicle of exeprience and wonders, as am i. Let us watch as the wheels turn and the road branches in ever more exciting ways. Welcome to my world, friend.
Not for the faint hearted =)

The Passenger Himself

Shaz here, well thats my name and im just another aspiring artist in a sea of painterly colleagues. A Love for Books and Art Defines me and a tendency to give a lasting impact etches me into your heart. Happy reading my friends!

FRIENDS

friend + friend + friend + friend + friend + friend + friend +

LINKS

Deviantart + Psdtuts + CGtalk + link + link + link + link + link +

ARCHIVES

January 2010

PREVIOUS POSTS

Excerpt 2
Self Reflections I
Excerpt I
A beginning

Talk FM

Road Radio


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

THANKS

[ Fonts (c) DF]
[ Layout designed by fern*]

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Books I

Giving thought to my second greatest passion, books, i decide to write about books i like and i think would do some good being read by others as well. And to bring forth a facet of my personality that few seem to know. Haha if one were to look at me, reading would be the last on the list of potential hobbies for me, bashing peoples' heads in in some dark alley would be more of my type of game. Truthfully though, i have always loved books.
In a situational sort of way to explain, if i was in a mall, and my mum gave me fifty bucks, and i'm hungry, wearing a dirty old shirt and a tattered pair of jeans. I obviously, would go find the nearest bookstore. =)

And to be the first on my list of books you should read would be The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Yeah its gonna be a movie by Peter Jackson and what not but as things usually go, the source material will always rule the roost. (Lord of the Rings being a rare and well deserved exception though) This book started of as a sort of ghost story to me. Its told from the point of view of Suzie Salmon (like the fish =P) and she's fourteen, growing up and pretty normal, besides the fact that she was dead tho. Brutally raped and murdered sort of dead. With this as an opening, i would imagine that the book would ultimately be about her spirit reaching out to help the living solve this murder case but no, i would find out, to my utter delight.
This book is a beautiful story, told from the eyes of a girl forever fourteen from her perch in heaven as she watches her family live and deal with the impact of her death. This book brought tears to my eyes as i watched the beauty of humanity unfold as well as in realization that this girl would never ever experience that in full. The characters become real and catch on in my heart.
One of the rare books that gave a sad feeling as i read the final words, knowing that, i was closing one cake taker of a book.
Super thumbs up!